The LATITUDE team understands the complexities of protecting your employees, contractors and workers while they are working in international locations. We bring together Defense Base Act (DBA) insurance with other types of foreign insurance coverage to create full protection for your workers and employees while they work outside the contiguous United States, whether they are temporarily traveling on business or on long-term assignments overseas.
International insurance coverage options:
- Defense Base Act Insurance—The federal government requires Worker’s Compensation coverage for all private contractors working on behalf of the United States government while they are working outside the U.S. (OCONUS).
- Foreign Insurance—Provides coverage for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims resulting from the everyday business operations of your employees including the use of equipment and automobiles in your foreign operations. Foreign Workers’ Compensation can be included which provides coverage for your workers when they are working outside the U.S. on a commercial contract.
- Business Travel Insurance—For non-occupational illness and injury, we recommend this coverage for those employees that travel temporarily outside the U.S. to those that may stay up to 180 days. This policy includes medical expense, medical evacuation and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage protects employees working temporarily outside the U.S.
- Kidnap and Ransom Insurance—Employees and workers outside the U.S. may be at risk for kidnap. This insurance not only provides ransom coverage but also includes unlimited negotiation consulting services in the event of a crisis.
As a government contractor, you may also have domestic insurance needs. In addition to our foreign insurance program, we can also assist you with:
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employment-related Practices Liability Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Property/Equipment Floater coverage
- Umbrella Insurance
The LATITUDE team can customize an insurance plan to meet the unique needs of your business. Contact us today and discover just how dedicated we are to improving your foreign insurance buying experience.